How do readers discover #books #infographic

Men don’t trust friends and family as much? 🙈
Facebook 46%? How…where are there books on FB? Have I been living under a rock? 📚
Sales people and publishers can’t be trusted … obviously 😂😂😂

Advertisements

25 thoughts on “How do readers discover #books #infographic

1. rakioddbooks says:

Interesting findings! I think I still fall into the “old fashioned way” category, aka reading the back of the book. I only discovered Goodreads and booktube and book bloggers in the middle of last year. And I still usually base my choices on whether or not the synopsis sounds interesting. However, Goodreads does make it alot easier to find similar books to those I really liked. So yay! Also, I think book reviews have started playing a bigger role recently since there are so many bloggers with varying tastes.

Liked by 1 person

• Anastasia says:

I guess I’m the same, although pretty covers and interesting title have a lot do do with it too! Goodreads is however a way to cut down some books when I can’t read them all :) That’s true! And I love the whole blogger community, it’s always a very positive atmosphere somehow :D even if someone hates or dislikes the book.

Liked by 1 person

2. vanderso says:

I’m a blurb reader. And a first-page reader. But I do find friends’ recommendations reliable, and I often buy a book after hearing about it on NPR. I basically trash the millions of Twitter ads I seem to get. Most are about genres I don’t really care for: romance and fantasy. I’m still learning about the best options for informing the most likely readers about my own books. Thanks for this interesting information!

Liked by 2 people

• Anastasia says:

I think there’s often something magical with those first pages & sentences of great novels. Like you immediately now that they will be great (I guess it works the other way around too though).Book ads on Twitter are just awful, or there’s just too much of them.

All the best with writing & promoting your books!

Liked by 1 person

3. AnastasiaAdamov says:

I miss Shelfari. It used to be my number one for finding new books to read. I used to browse my friends shelves. I got much feedback on books and many recommendations in groups there. I don’t handle GR well…
    Facebook is kinda useful when I look up new translated in my native language.

Liked by 1 person

4. Hayley at RatherTooFondofBooks says:

Really interesting infographic, thank you for sharing it. Some of it really surprised me – like how many people discover books on Facebook. I do follow quite a few book pages on there but it’s very rare that I see book recs on there. It also surprised me a bit how few people find book recs on twitter – I seem to discover more books on there, through following book blogs and publishers, than just about anywhere else these days. I guess it depends where we spend most of our time and who we follow when it comes to social media platforms and finding new books.

Liked by 1 person

5. Amy says:

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but
    I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most
    blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

Liked by 1 person