As always, Top Ten Tuesday is meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.Today’s topic is Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught…  And I decided that I’m going with zombies. Here are top ten zombie books I think everyone should read.

b4597-toptentuesday

1. The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

2. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

3. Cell by Stephen King

Anyone talking on a cell phone after a particular event becomes an aggressive, bloodthirsty zombie” :)))

(4. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson…vampires…)

5. The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks

6. Autumn by David Moody
7. Patient Zero by Jonathan Marferry

8. Monster Island: A Zombie Novel by David Wellington
9. Zombie Britannica by Thomas Emson
10. The Passage by Justin Cronin

Do you like zombies? Recommendations? Happy TTT

Pictures kindly borrowed from internet.

24 thoughts on “Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught Zombie Literature 101

1. Rachel Writes Things says:

Zombies! *shudder* I always have a tough time with the movies but I wonder if I’d like reading them better because I could just imagine them and not see it on screen… I would take this course because I am intrigued if not a little nervous haha

Liked by 1 person

2. Mari says:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!! I read the graphic novel way back and after my general shock at someone defacing my favorite Austen book, I became super amused by it. Also, Elizabeth Bennet in that book rocked even harder than her usual rocking self.

Also, Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story by Andy Rash, because I’d totally read this to my children if I had any. XD

Liked by 2 people

• Anastasia says:

:D I was so curious to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but because I haven’t read the original I thought it would be odd to start with retelling haha. Have to read both at some point. Ten Little Zombies XD

Liked by 1 person

3. bookheathen says:

An associate has persuaded me recently to read some urban fantasy (I think that’s the correct term) all vampires and werewolves and other creatures I’ve never heard of. I must confess it’s not really my thing – though I did encounter zombies briefly in my rereading of Dennis Wheatley. But, you know, life would be much less interesting if all our tastes were the same.

Liked by 1 person

• Anastasia says:

Haha, indeed. Besides if all tastes were the same, we’d probably only have one genre of books o.O

I guess it is, it was a big shock for me once when my local library began labeling books as “urban fantasy”. I don’t like urban fantasy because it tends to get a bit repetitive and sometimes I crave something with more depth and urban fantasy doesn’t always give that. Then again I adore Neverwhere written by Neil Gaiman and it is considered urban fantasy so I guess it just depends of the book. Anne Rice has a great way of writing her vampires, Glen Duncan werewolves. Zombies I love because they are so absurd and World War Z is so entertaining with all it’s “facts” what countries would supposedly be doing

4. amomentsilence says:

I’m not big on Zombies. That’s one freaky creature I would prefer not to have to deal with, thank you very much. XD i would survive them, dont get me wrong… Just definitely dont want anything to do with ’em. But! I still love your selection. Good choices overall. Definitely would have added Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for a bit of comedic fun to the list, as well as some manga: Zombie Loan, Tokyo Ghoul, Tokko, Red Garden, and Le Chevalier D’Eon.

Also not giving away anything (totally giving away everything) The Maze Runner… Because homgggggg. XD

Liked by 1 person

• Anastasia says:

Aww, I like zombies because they’re slow (or in my head they’re slow (not freaky fast zombies). I’m more freaked out about something I couldn’t outrun maybe (?) Thanks for the list! Will check those out! Tokyo Ghoul is amazing! But I’ve only seen the anime, haven’t read the manga.

Weirdly enough in Maze Runner I didn’t think of them as zombies….they just had flare… I see my error now haha.

Liked by 1 person

• amomentsilence says:

Oh my godtss, they’re never slow in my mind. xDD I wish they were! I think I’ve been tainted by the modern zombies of today which are all freakishly fast and terrifying and ahhhhh! />___<\ I'm DEFINITELY freaked out by them specifically because they would be soo hard, if not IMPOSSIBLE, to outrun. I'd just have to outlast them or blow them up or something.

Not a problem! Glad I could provide one. ^_~ If you liked the anime of Tokyo Ghoul, you'll love the manga, although the manga gets into more detail in some regards.

You know, you're not the first person to tell me that. I honestly thought of them as zombies the minute I started reading about them. I was like… "Holy crap it's the freakin' zombie apocalypse, everyone run and hiiiiiiiide!" XD My zombie senses are super heightened when it comes to this nonsense. *did I mention I hate zombies lol*

Liked by 1 person

• Anastasia says:

Fast zombies…no. No…I’ll just stick with my slow ones hahaha. They’re creepy enough! I shall read the manga!

It’s kind of weird that I didn’t think of it. I guess I don’t have sixth sense with zombies like you. Me in zombie apocalypse: not realizing they’re zombies, taking pity on their poor appearance, inviting them to my home wanting to serve them tea and help them…acting very surprised when they’re trying to bite my hand… … XD

Liked by 1 person

• amomentsilence says:

I would have to kindly remind you not to talk to strangers and certainly not to let them into your house, love. XD Then I’d have to shoot them when you’re not looking and quickly lead you back inside lolololol

• amomentsilence says:

Yeah, by chucking it out the window, you mean! With a trigger-happy finger aiming a shotgun between their eyes ready to shoot if they so much as move. xD Sorry, but I’m sooooo not one to take liberties in these kinds of situations. I would be the one to make sure that me and mine make it out alive, one way or another. Not gonna let you get bitten and turn on me now. That’s just not how this is gonna go down. XD

Liked by 1 person