As always, Top Ten Tuesday meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is: Ten Bookish Settings I’d Love to Visit
1.Scottish Highlands ( Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon) in the year of Our Lord…1743. After Outlander, who doesn’t want to go to Scotland? And just throwing in 1743 to make things more interesting…
2. Barcelona 1945 (The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón)
Secrets and shadows of postwar Barcelona, who is not curious?
3. Mumbai (Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts)
Burning slums and five-star hotels, Bollywood films, spiritual gurus and mujaheddin guerrillas… I’m scared but also excited.
4. Egypt, 14 Century BC (The Egyptian by Mika Waltari)
Kings and queens, pharaos and gods
5. Paris, 1832 (Les Misérables by Victor Hugo)
To the barricades?
6. New Orleans 200 years ago (Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice)
Théâtre des Vampires anyone?
7. Victorian London (Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens)
London has so many good settings in books…hard to pick just one.
8. Southern Rocky Mountains (The Shining by Stephen King)
One night at Overlook Hotel will do you good…
9. Long Island, 1922 (The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald)
Lavish parties and all
10. Mars (The Martian by Andy Weir)
I mean I’m just curious, aren’t you?
Happy TTT! What settings would you like to visit?
Cover image: Forged. An Teallach, West Highlands, Scotland.